How do I become a member at IKSU?
A warm welcome to join us at IKSU, you just need to get to our front desk for help. To make it faster for you when you come to us, we appreciate if you pre-register your details in our system. You do this in one of our reservation computers in the lobby or at our front desk.
For our selection of different gym cards, please click here:
Different gym cards
Can you get student discounts on the training card?
Yes, if you are a student you can get a discount on your training card. To get a student discount you have to meet any of the following conditions: Definition of Student
Student = Reading least 8 hp / semester at a university or college (ie more than 25%)
Student = Reading at least 26%, for example adult education, folk high school, “Swedish for immigrants”, etc. Certification is required!
Student = Student Price also applies to young people until the year they turn 19 years. Proof of identity is required.
You must be a student at the time of purchase.
How do I prove that I am a student?
If you read at Umeå university, you must agree to IKSU check via Ladok that you qualify to be a student, or read a minimum of 8 credits / semester. This, you agree to the Student Portal https://cas.umu.se/login. If you read at SLU, you must show proof that you read at least 8 credits / semester.
Other students must show proof that they study more than 25% (ie 26%)
What if I can not prove that I am a student at the purchase of training card?
If you can not prove you’re a student at the time of purchase and want to train on the same day you pay the 125 crowns as it costs at a single visit. If you choose to become a member within 10 days of purchase and buy a 12 – or 4-month card, you can show your receipt we will deduct the 125 crowns from the card price.
Is it possible to freeze the gym card?
A gym card that have a term of at least 12 months may be granted freezing under the following conditions:
- Freezing is granted only on the direct debit, and 12-month card, but not for students during June, July and August.
- Freezing may be granted at least 1 month and maximum at 12 months.
- Freezing can be granted on any date of the month, but only by a full month.
- A 12-month card can never be valid for more than double the time.
- Freezing is granted at illness, injury, pregnancy and when stationed elsewhere for jobs or studies. The absence must be evidenced by a certificate.
- Application for freezing must be made in writing to the organization before the freeze is to take effect. In connection with the injury or illness which unexpectedly become prolonged, however, adjust the freeze in retrospect on a medical certificate.
- The number of payments exempt months shall be determined in advance and the reason for the absence must be substantiated with proof. The number of months for which the Agreement has been dormant are automatically added to the contract at the end of the contract period. Terms for an agreement with the direct debit will be extended by the time the corresponding freezing.
During the resting period no monthly payments for members with direct debit agreement will take place. Monthly payments will resume when the gym card agreement becomes active again.
How do I cancel my membership?
Termination of membership must be made in writing to us. You can do this in two ways:
• Send an email with your details to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org depending on which facility you have your gym card.
• Come straight to the front desk and fill out a form in place.
Remember that the contract term must be final before you can cancel your membership, the notice period is 30 days, with a breakpoint on 8 th of the month.
How do I book a class?
Book your class allows you to easily and conveniently on the internet. Click on Reservation (you’ll find it at the top right box) and then training. Enter your email address in the upper box and the first six digits of your social security number in the bottom box. You can book a class earlier than seven days in advance. Cancellation of group fitness and a place in teamball game comes to booking of at least one hour before the session starts. If you have booked squash, badminton or beach volleyball will be canceled at least four hours before the booked time.
What can I do to prevent my gym card is blocked?
If you do not cancel your activity on time or late for a scheduled activity we block your gym card for booking. When you arrive at the facility it is important that you check in on your booked activity, to prevent that you get a lock. This should be done within ten minutes before the class starts, otherwise you will lose your reserved place and the place becomes available for others. If you are late to the task, however, you can swipe your gym card at check-in terminal to book yourself on a drop-in place. By doing this you can register in the system and you prevent your gym card will be blocked. If you fail to cancel in time, but come to the reception the same day and book by you, we will remove the lock at no extra cost. Otherwise, you can unblock it by paying an administrative fee of $ 50 at the front desk or when you log on to web booking
How do I pick up my ticket for the booked activity?
Once you have booked an activity you have to pick up a ticket / register. You do this in our check-in terminals are located at the entrance. Pull your card in the terminal, your booked activities appears on the screen, click on the activity you are going on and the ticket comes out. NOTE: For badminton, beach volleyball and squash you will not get a ticket, but you still have to swipe your card in the terminal to “tick off” that you have arrived.